Intercultural Communication (englischsprachig)
|Beginn||Do., 16.03.2023, 10:00 - 17:30 Uhr|
|Bemerkungen||Diese Lehrveranstaltung findet in englischer Sprache statt!|
ECTS: 6,0 credits
Dauer: 6 days (block seminar)
In times of globalization, it is hard to imagine academic and professional life without multicultural interactions. Intercultural competence is the key to operating effectively in intercultural contexts. The Seminar provides the participants with the competence to act in an international environment, in particular of intercultural contacts and solutions for the cross-culture challenges of everyday life. In our interactive seminar, you will have the opportunity to learn more about cultural values which might influence and impact your experience.
The aim of the workshop/ seminar is to sensitize the participants to other "ways of doing", other values, behavior, in cultural overlapping contexts. The main objective of the seminar is to raise awareness for different culturally based and shaped communication. We will also have a closer look at the specific strategies to deal with (intercultural) conflicts and refer to practical examples.
The participants receive important suggestions and practical recommendations
Topics covered in this seminar include:
• Cultural Context and Interaction / Culture and cultural differences.
• Cultural awareness/ Developing intercultural awareness and intercultural competence.
• Dealing with the phases of the new situation.
• Dealing with strangers/colleagues in personal life.
• Communication skills and styles.
• Peculiarities and problems/ sources of conflict in connection with cultural interactions.
• Strategies for overcoming obstacles and dealing with cultural confusion in the international environment.
Diverse methods for the different teaching seminar phases (e.g. lecture, group work, exercises, case studies, discussion, exchange of experiences).
Teilnahmevoraussetzungen: Willingness to actively participate in the entire seminar.
Attendance for this event is compulsory in accordance with § 12 Abs. 2b of the General Examination Regulations for the Bachelor and Master courses at Bochum University of Applied Sciences (Rahmenprüfungsordnung).
Prüfungsvoraussetzung: Active participation in the entire course
Lehrende(r): Moustafa Osh
Sonstige Informationen: Literature references will be announced in the course